9.01.2012

africa or bust!

If you know me pretty well, there's a good chance you know that...

1. My eyelash curler is my favorite tool

or that... 
2. I will put peanut butter in/on/around just about anything

and maybe even that...
3. I lack judgement in the packing department 

I could write about how curling my eyelashes while driving scared my friends when I took them to school in the morning.. 

or about how only my little sister Grace is the only one who will try my
oatmeal/pb/jelly/yogurt heated up for 30 seconds concoction...
(it's to die for if you ask me)

But mostly what has been getting to me lately is packing. Before traveling to Italy and France for a few weeks last summer, I had to unload half of my bags in London at my dad's because I packed too much. woops I have been mentally preparing to physically pack for a while. There has been a pile slowly growing from things I've gathered through out the summer. I knew that my sisters and brothers were coming in this weekend, so I was trying to get all packed before then.

After 5 space-saver bags, 4 luggage pieces being sat on, and a few dramatic excuses to take some breaks... I am finally packed! What a huge relief! My mom, Steph, Nins and I had a process down to stuff those space-saver bags efficiently. (well... Nins was mainly serving as the comic relief)

my clothes for 9 months - woop woop!


This past Monday I visited the happiest place on earth - aka, JMU!! - and was able to meet up with a number of wonderful people! Tuesday and Wednesday I went to Lynchburg to visit my sisters and brother(in law.. same thing!) I got my hair cut at Steph's salon, Sage Tryall Salon, so I can better manage it in Africa. PRAISE THE LORD! Shannon took me flying, and Nina took me to a crossfit gym for the first time. I'll have to be creative on keeping in shape over there...



I was asked to bring 17 sweatshirts over for the girls, so I posted my needs on Facebook. My heart was so warmed at the people who were willing to donate/run out and get some! The Lord has been providing in His time with different resources and it is beautiful. I have been praying to be 80% funded by Monday.. and I'm getting pretty darn close! People have been asking how they can donate without me even initiating - the Lord is so good.

Today my sisters (all of them, including lola!), mom and I went to get our nails done before I leave! I will be soaking in this precious time with my family today, and tomorrow. 

Tomorrow night I will be seeing Rascal Flatts rockin' out on stage! What else do people do their last night in the states before living in Africa for 9 months? 
I cannot wait (=


My flight takes off Monday night, Tuesday I'll be with my dad for the layover in London, and I'll be arriving in Kampala Wednesday morning, their time. I'll be met by a gentleman with my name on a board, and ride with him 5 hours up to Gulu. I cannot believe it's so soon! Each morning I wake up feeling like it's Christmas! I have had so many emotions I don't know what to do with, so I just give them over to the Lord. He has continuously been dipping my heart in His incredible peace, and I am so thankful.

"And the peace of the God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus" Philippians 4:7
Amen. 


If you would like to know how to donate or know more about my journey, shoot me an email at bdunay6@gmail.com !!


Happy Saturday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweetie~ Your sweet mom Cass and I are friends through Ryan Diviney. She has been a true leader in Christ through our close group of friends. She has shared with me your mission and I could not be prouder of you. The gift of what you will be bringing in your love of the Lord will do life changing things, for the people you meet.I will continue to check in on your journey. I wish you all the love and support as you vegin this exciting adventure! Hugs~ Jen Lovelace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen!
    I apologize I just saw this sweet note now. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!! (= It is wonderful to have supporters that I have not even had the joy of meeting yet (=

    ReplyDelete